Medically Complex Children
When your child has chronic complex medical conditions that require ongoing care by several pediatric specialists and possibly specialized medical equipment, the Bower Lyman Center for Medically Complex Children can serve as your child’s primary care medical home.
- Our caring team is here to help you navigate all the medical services and referrals your child needs.
- A doctor or nurse who knows your child is always available by phone, 24/7.
We work closely with your child’s medical specialists and other service providers. That means parents don’t have to remember every detail of multiple office visits or shuffle through paperwork to find the information our team needs to provide the best care.
Who Is Eligible?
Children 0-21 years of age who:
- Have conditions involving multiple organ systems
- Require the use of technology to sustain life
- Use a wheelchair, braces, lifts or other special equipment
- Use more medical services than the average child, such as medical day care, private duty nursing and rehabilitative therapy
- Receive care in a Medical Foster Home
- Chronic lung disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic respiratory failure requiring ventilator support
- Complex congenital heart defects
- Genetic disorders
- Severe epilepsy
Patient and Family Support Group
This group offers parents and caregivers of children with complex medical needs an opportunity to meet others, share experiences and discuss ways to improve quality of life for your family. To learn more, contact Marion Landua-Figueroa at 904.383.1723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
JaxHATS: Transition to Adult Care
The transition from pediatric health care to adult-oriented health care can be very complicated for people with disabilities and chronic health conditions. The Jacksonville Health and Transition Services (JaxHATS) clinic was created to help make this transition easier. JaxHATS serves ages 16-26, with chronic medical or developmental problems. To learn more, call 904.244.9344.
We are experienced in the care of children with multiple, complex medical conditions. Our team of pediatricians, pediatric nurse practitioners, social workers and registered nurse care coordinators focus on the specialized needs of your child and family.
The Bower Lyman Center for Medically Complex Children is located next to the Wolfson Children’s campus on the south bank of the St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville.
Bower Lyman Center for Medically Complex Children
841 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32207
This smile can't break
Nine-year-old Gage doesn't let osteogenesis imperfecta, also known as “brittle bone disease," hold him back.Read Gage's Story
Coordinated care a blessing
Norah has spina bifida and receives care from 10 pediatric physician specialists coordinated by the Bower Lyman Center for Medically Complex Children.Read Norah's Story