We Know Kids
Recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year, Wolfson Children's Hospital of Jacksonville, Florida is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. We are a non-profit organization that provides care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay.
World-Class Care Close to Home
Wolfson Children's Hospital works as one team with our world-renowned partners to provide top-notch resources and outstanding care to children. Our medical faculty includes pediatric subspecialists with Nemours Children’s Health, Jacksonville, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville, and Mayo Clinic. That’s 400+ full-time physicians in 40+ specialties, along with 1,200+ nurses and staff.
Porter Family Children’s Trauma Center
- Clay County
- Daytona Beach
- Lake City
- Brunswick, Ga.
- Valdosta, Ga.
- Baptist South
- Fleming Island
- North Jacksonville
- Town Center
Affiliated with Baptist Health
Wolfson Children's Hospital is a part of Baptist Health, the region's most comprehensive healthcare provider. Baptist Health's circle of care includes five nationally accredited hospitals and more than 70 primary care and specialty offices, as well as home health, rehabilitation and urgent care.
With the aid of an initial $500,000 donation from the Wolfson Family Foundation, the hospital opened in 1955 as a place for all children to be admitted and treated without regard to creed, religion, race or financial position. That original mission remains today.
- Main teaching facility for the Pediatric Residency Training Program UF College of Medicine – Jacksonville
- Site of pediatric training for multiple Mayo College of Medicine Jacksonville physicians
- Training tomorrow’s pediatric doctors, nurses, chaplains, pharmacists and other allied health professionals
- Dedicated Clinical Research Center for investigator-initiated and multi-center studies
- Evidence-based best practices to improve care/outcomes
- THE PLAYERS Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s provides programs designed to prevent illness/injury, increase access to care, educate families, promote health/wellness, and advocate for children.
Nationally Recognized, Regional Leader in Pediatrics
- Recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year
- Awarded Magnet™ designation for excellence in patient care, Asthma-Friendly Hospital designation by the Florida Asthma Coalition, and the AACN Silver Award for Excellence™ in pediatric cardiovascular intensive care; ENA Lantern Award for Pediatric Emergency and Trauma Care. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization Award for ECMO excellence
- Nationally accredited Echocardiography; Cancer; Blood and Marrow Transplant; Epilepsy; Cleft and Craniofacial Disorders; and ECMO programs
Centers of Distinction
- Behavioral Health Center
- Bower Lyman Center for Medically Complex Children
- C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Heart Institute
- Cancer Institute
- Diabetes & Endocrinology Institute
- Gastroenterology Center
- Porter Family Children's Trauma Center
- Snyder Family Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Walter and Michelle Stys Neuroscience Institute
Wolfson Children's Hospital also provides critically needed services and technology to better serve the children in our region, including:
- Cardiovascular, Hybrid, Neurovascular and General Surgical Suites
- Blood and Marrow Transplantation
- Emergency Centers
- Neonatal, Pediatric, Cardiovascular and Neurosurgical Critical Care
- Orthopedic Surgery/Sports Medicine
- Largest provider of charitable care to children in Jacksonville
- $38.8 million in uncompensated and charity care
- An additional $7.6 million invested in programs to improve child health
BY THE NUMBERSBased on 2020 data
children hospitalized with an average of
visits annually treated at 6 Children’s Emergency Centers
emergency transports annually