Wolfson Children's Hospital provides pediatric behavioral health services in partnership with Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville and Baptist Behavioral Health.
Wolfson Children's Hospital provides pediatric behavioral health services in partnership with Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville and Baptist Behavioral Health. Learn more
Our program is dedicated entirely to children and teens. We have the full resources of our nationally recognized children’s hospital. And with access to many different medical specialties and services, your child receives well-rounded care and support.
- The 14-bed inpatient unit within Wolfson Children’s Hospital provides separate interventions for children (ages 6 – 11) and adolescents (ages 12 – 17)
- Our comfortable setting has a home-like feel and state-of-the-art features that meet the therapeutic needs of patients
- Special care is taken with patients to provide a welcoming and secure environment
- Restricted access for patient safety and privacy
- All services are strictly confidential
Conditions We Treat
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- Autism- and neurodevelopmental-related behavioral issues
- Bipolar disorder
- Brain injury from trauma or stroke
- Family issues
- Medication management
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- School-related learning issues
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Trauma recovery
- Inpatient treatment usually lasts 3-5 days depending on a child’s progress and needs. It may involve stabilization, ongoing assessment, crisis intervention, medication management, individual, family and group therapy, as well as discharge planning and follow-up care.
- There is a daily schedule allowing patients to attend group therapy, art and music therapies, a group with the Child Life specialist, yoga and other therapies.
- Parents or legal guardians may visit twice a day and children are allowed a phone call home each night.
We understand parents may have conflicting feelings about hospitalizing a child for a mental health issue. That’s why we work with you throughout the treatment process for the most successful outcomes.
Children in our inpatient unit can participate in art through Art with a Heart in Healthcare. This non-profit organization helps children and teens in the hospital cope and get better through the healing properties of art. With an emphasis on creative expression, the professional artists-in-residence help lift children’s spirits one art creation at a time.
Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization (Day Stay)
We offer a Day Stay program for children who don’t need the structure of a long hospital stay, yet require more intensive therapy than just a short office visit.
Following discharge, we help coordinate follow-up care through our Wolfson Children’s outpatient services or a patient’s existing behavioral health provider.
We believe a coordinated approach is best for patients, so our team of behavioral health specialists work together to assess and treat your child. The team may include psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, Child Life specialists, spiritual care, art and music therapists, licensed mental health counselors and others.
Inpatient services are provided in the Behavioral Health Unit at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.