Because kids don’t always wear their thoughts on their sleeves, it can be difficult to tell when a child is struggling.
Mental Wellness Tools and Guides
Created by behavioral health experts, these tools provide education and action-oriented strategies to start conversations and boost mental wellness in children during your everyday life.
These materials are helpful to parents, guardians and family members, but can be used by anyone.
From our monthly newsletters
- Bedtime Routine Checklist
- Bedtime Routine Checklist - Spanish
- Book Suggestions
- Book Suggestions - Spanish
- Breaking Stigmas Pledge
- Breaking Stigmas Pledge - Spanish
- Conversation Cards
- Conversation Cards - Spanish
- Family Togetherness Calendar
- Giving Heart Activity
- Giving Heart Activity - Spanish
- Gratitude Journal
- Gratitude Journal - Spanish
- How to Prevent Summer Boredom
- Kindness Calendar
- Kindness Calendar - Spanish
- Mental Fitness Challenge: 22 Ways to Practice Mental Wellness
- My Gratitude Jar
- My Gratitude Jar - Spanish
- Self-Care Activity
- Self-Care Activity - Spanish
- Starting the Conversation
- Starting the Conversation - Spanish
- Tips for Supporting LGBTQ Youth
- Tips for Supporting LGBTQ Youth - Spanish
- Activities to Regulate Emotions
- Activity Scheduling for Adolescents with Depression
- Affirmations to Break Stigmas and Boost Well-Being
- Back to School Conversation Starters
- Coloring Book
- Conversation Starters
- Deep Breathing Exercises
- Emotion Conversation Cards (Preschool & Elementary)
- Emotion Conversation Cards (Middle & High School)
- Emotions Poster
- Emotion Thermometer
- Grounding Activity - The 5 Senses Hand
- Mood Meter
- On Our Sleeves: Dragonfly - What are your strengths?
- Stress Buster Bingo
- Tips for Talking About Your Mental Health
- Writing Prompts
You’ll find many useful how-to guides on the national On Our Sleeves website. Select from topics like How to Deal with Stress, How to Help Kids Manage Boredom, How to Support Mental Health Needs for Kids, and many more.
Sign Up for Monthly Email
Get tips and easy-to-use tools delivered straight to your inbox each month. These resources help start conversations with and boost mental wellness in children of all ages.
If you need support, call our Kids & Teens Helpline at 904.202.7900 or text LIFE to 741741. If there is an immediate safety concern, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Thanks to our Donors
Wolfson Children’s On Our Sleeves is made possible by Robert and Margaret Hill.
Have questions or need information about On Our Sleeves at Wolfson Children’s? Want to share why you joined our community and how you're using the resources? Send us an email to OnOurSleeves@bmcjax.com.