*Up to $7,500 Sign On Bonus*
Baptist Health is looking for a Surgical Technologist to support our Surgical Services Team in the Operating Room at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This Surgical Technologist position is a full-time opportunity that does require call, and MUST live within 30minutes of the hospital for call. Call, weekend call, and holidays are required. This Surgical Technologist position will be located at our Downtown campus within the the Pediatric Operating Room.
As a Surgical Technologist for the Pediatric Operating Room, your responsibilites include:
- Assembling, organizing and maintaining a sterile field for operative procedures.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon and progression of the case and prepare accordingly.
- Proper disposition of specimens and instruments. Responsible for assisting with preparation of assigned room/cases.
- Participates in OR call coverage and holiday call.
This Surgical Technologist position is supporting the Pediatric Operating Room at Wolfson Children's Hospital - recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now.
High School Diploma/GED
- Less than 1 year Completion of Program
- Related Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) NCCT Required Or
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Required Or
LocationWolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville FL 32207
Location Overview Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.