Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a Social Worker II at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This is a Part-Time Days shift opportunity. The schedule will be 3 days/week with 8 hour shifts. This Social Worker will work in the Emergency Department. You will be connecting families with external resources in the community upon discharge and doing DCF reports. This position involves collaboration with trauma team, nursing teams, physicians, and other disciplines.
As a Social Worker II, you will be responsible for:
- Provide continued access to services and resources in the community.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team and community partners.
- Coordinate all transitions of care as required from one system or service to another.
- Provide supportive services related to changes in their environment, coping and loss, acceptance of and adjustment to, diagnostic changes.
- Assess safety concerns, advocate for patient and family, and implement strategies to improve situations.
- Provide an equal level of care to the patient and family regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, and abilities.
*Supervision available during work hours if needed.*
This Social Worker II will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital. If you are interested in this Part-Time Days shift opportunity, please apply now.
- 1-2 years Counseling Experience Required
- 1-2 years Experience in Child Welfare Services Required
- 1-2 years Social Work Experience Required
- 1-2 years Hospital Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Experience in Behavior Health Setting Required
License and Certification
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker Preferred
- Driver's License Preferred
LocationWolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville FL 32207
Location Overview Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health. The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.