Baptist Health is currently looking for a Psychiatric Pharmacist to join our team at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This is a full-time, day-shift opportunity working Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, and one weekend every four weeks! This is a new position and will be operating in a new unit to be opened in January 2024! This is a unique position as this candidate will be working with both pediatrics and adults, rounding with behavioral health patients, and attending medication group sessions while working alongside a large multidisciplinary team. This Pharmacist will be handling patient orders, authorizations, formulary reviews, and consulting with other medical staff on medication and regimens. Strong communication and problem-solving skills as well as excellent patient counseling skills are required. This candidate will need to be residency trained and will undergo an eight-week training period.
As a Psychiatric Pharmacist, you will be responsible for:
- Entering orders with great accuracy.
- Checking technician work for accuracy prior to the release of medications and solutions to the floor.
- Supervising technicians and serving on committees as assigned.
- Answering questions for all healthcare professionals.
- Serving as a consultant for members of the medical staff.
- Monitoring patient therapy as assigned, including pharmacokinetics services.
A Pharmacist license in the State of Florida is required for hire.
This Psychiatric Pharmacist position will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital. If you are interested in this full-time, day shift opportunity, please apply now!
- 1-2 years Hospital Pharmacy Experience
- 1-2 years Experience with Automated Dispensing Devices
- Residency Training
- Experience with Pharmacy Information Systems
License and Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- Registered Pharmacist Required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Licensed Pharmacist Required
LocationWolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville FL 32207
Location Overview Wolfson Children's Hospital
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.