*$2,000 Sign-On Bonus*
We’re hiring a Pediatric Occupational Therapist for the Pediatric Rehab Department in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a Full Time position located in Wolfson Children's Rehab at Baptist South.
The Occupational Therapist will support the Wolfson Children's Hospital Rehab team by working with patients under the age of 18. This position requires a candidate with previous experience working with children in an inpatient setting. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, clinical environment.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year and is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care.
Shift details: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Occupational Therapist, Pediatric Rehab Department, Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and treats patients in an adult acute care, hospital inpatient setting.
- Caseload includes various diagnoses - neurological, orthopedic, cardiac, and general medical.
- Provides minimal outpatient care, mainly for neuro patients and upper extremity wounds (job competency training available).
- Works in a team environment with other Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Provides ongoing patient and family education.
- Works with multidisciplinary teams outside of Rehab Services (hospitalists, physician specialists, nursing, and social services.)
If you are interested in this Occupational Therapist position in Wolfson Rehab at Baptist South, please apply now!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption at their time of hire.
- Date Posted Jul 15, 2022
- Status Full-Time
- Shift Details Days
- Education Required Bachelor's Degree
- Education Preferred Master's Degree
- 1 Year Orthopedics Experience
- Pediatric Rehab Experience
- Developmental Experience
- Neuro Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Licensed Occupational Therapist Required
14550 Old St. Augustine Rd
Jacksonville, Florida, 32258
Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
- Apply Now