Baptist Health is now accepting applications for the October 26th, 2020 New Graduate RN Residency Program.
A “new graduate” is defined as an RN who has been licensed for less than 1 year. Over the course of this 12 month program, graduates will work closely with a team of master clinical coaches & educators through a hybrid of in-class learning and on the floor application.
Additional Program Details:
- Up to 40 hour/week commitment
- The first 12 weeks will involve service-line orientation, foundational residency curriculum & clinical unit orientation. After this period, residents are moved to their permanent shift (typically nights).
- There will be an additional 4-hour core course weekly the final 9 months of the program.
- There is a 2-year employment commitment with Baptist Health following completion of the program.
- While we do consider your preferences in selection, the competitive nature of the program does not allow everyone to get their first-choice unit. We encourage you to be open and flexible- you will gain valuable experience & knowledge wherever you end up!
After submitting your online application, a recruiter will review. All qualified candidates will be sent via email to complete a pre-recorded video interview and a survey. Both items are mandatory to be considered for an interview with the hiring team.
*Accepting applications July 13th-August 28th*
Any questions regarding the residency should be directed to Tiffany.Collins2@bmcjax.com.
- Date Posted Jun 18, 2020
- Status Full-Time
- Shift Details Evenings
- Education Required Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Education Preferred Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Must be a graduate of an accredited BSN nursing program
- Flexibility in schedule
- Less than 1-year RN experience
License and Certification
- Active FL RN license
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville as the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.
- Apply Now