Wolfson Children's Hospital is hiring a Music Therapist for the Family Support Services Department in Jacksonville, Florida. This is a part-time position working a Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm schedule at Wolfson Children's Hospital (Downtown).
The Music Therapist will facilitate individual and group sessions with children and teens with behavioral health needs. The ideal candidate for this role will have previous music therapy experience in a hospital setting and experience working with sick children. Candidates must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a varied caseload.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year and is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care.
Music Therapist, Family Support Services Department, Job Responsibilities:
- Works under the supervision of leadership and the music therapy team to assist the child/family in their adjustment to the hospital, diagnosis, and treatment plan.
- Has experience and knowledge of music therapy theory and practice.
- Provides comprehensive music therapy assessment and treatment interventions for pediatric patients, siblings, and families.
- The individual may require training and ongoing support and/or supervision for more advanced interventions or events.
- Uses understanding of music therapy theories to perform daily job responsibilities while working closely with Music Therapist II and leadership to develop skills.
- Plans and implements individual and group therapy sessions for children, adolescents, and young adults and their families, in addition to providing pre/post procedural support, emotional/psychosocial support, and developmentally appropriate interventions to assist with coping and normalization of the hospital environment.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to create and support individualized plans of care while adhering to the professional standards of practice of the American Music Therapy Association.
If you are interested in this Music Therapist position at Wolfson Children's Hospital, please apply now or email Jacki at email@example.com.
- Over 1 Year Music Therapist Experience Preferred
- Behavioral Health Experience Preferred
- Music Therapy Internship Required
License and Certification
- Board Certified Music Therapist Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
LocationWolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville FL 32207
Location Overview Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.