Baptist Medical Center is looking to add a MRI Technologist to our Pediatric MRI Department at Wolfson Children's Hospital. This is a part-time role that will work various shifts. During weeks 1-2, you will work Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays from 6:00am - 2:30pm and 6:30am - 3:00pm. During weeks 3-4, you will work 2:30pm - 11:00pm. During week 5 you will work saturday and sunday 6:30am - 7:00pm. This MRI Technologist will be responsible for performing MRI exams on patients, insuring high quality diagnostic procedures and patient safety. In addition to performing MRI exams on patients this MRI Technologist will prepare patients for MRI exams and explain the procedure. The MRI Technologist will work closely with Radiologists and other healthcare professionals to provide accurate and timely diagnostic information. This MRI Technologist will operate MRI equipment. This MRI Technologist will participate in call and holiday rotations.
Licensure Requirement: If CRT or ARRT (R) must obtain ARRT (MRI) registry within 18 months.
This MRI Technologist will be responsible for the following:
- Performing high quality (MRI) procedures.
- Promoting good will amongst co-workers and other departments and has a positive, comforting demeanor with all patients.
- Maintain compliance with mandatory education and health requirements.
- Taking every precaution to protect self, patient and others from potential harm relating to the magnetic field.
- Identifying, preparing, administering, and documenting medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner in accordance with state, and federal regulations or Lawful institutional policy.
This MRI Technologist opportunity will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital. If you are interested in this part-time opportunity, please apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-2 years Experience in Radiology Department
- MRI Technologist Experience
- Experience working in a hospital setting
- Customer Service Experience
License and Certification
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification (CPR) Required
- Registered Technologist in Radiography ARRT (R) Required Or
- Registered Technologist in Magnetic Resonance Imaging ARRT (MR) Required Or
- Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT) Required Or
- Licensed Radiologic Technologist Required Or
- Licensed Technologist in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Required Or
LocationWolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville FL 32207
Location Overview Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.