Wolfson Children's Hospital is seeking a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the Behavioral Health unit in Jacksonville. This is a PRN opportunity, with various shifts available.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year and is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care.
As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitates individual and group therapy on an inpatient behavioral health unit.
- Evaluates psychosocial needs and provides therapeutic services that enhance patient functioning, emotional well-being and behavior.
- Collaborates with treatment team and professionals to promote continuity of care to next level or community setting.
- Advocates in discharge planning, placements/transfers, voluntary and involuntary process.
- Assists with quality improvement and utilization review activities.
This Licensed Mental Health Counselor will be located at Wolfson Children's Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida. If you are interested in this PRN/Various Shifts opportunity, please apply now.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption by 11/15/2021 or at time of hire after this date.
- Date Posted Jun 09, 2022
- Status PRN
- Shift Details Various shifts
- Education Required Master's Degree
- Education Preferred Doctorate
- 3-5 Years Experience in Mental Health field Required
- 1-2 years Individual Counseling Experience Required
- 1-2 years Group Counseling Experience Required
- 1-2 years Assessment and Diagnostic Experience Required
- Less than 1 year Case Management Experience Required
License and Certification
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor Required
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health. The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
- Apply Now