Certified Child Life Specialist I, Full Time, Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children's Hospital is looking is currently hiring for a Child Life Specialist to our Family Support Services Department in Jacksonville, FL. This is a full-time days opportunity at our downtown campus.
This is a full-time opportunity that will cover all units as needed by the department. This role has experience and knowledge of procedures, illnesses, injuries and other related events on the unit. The individual may require training and ongoing support and/or supervision for more advanced procedures or events. Uses understanding of child life theories to perform daily job responsibilities while working closely with Child Life Specialist II and leadership to develop skills. The completion of an internship under the direct supervision of a certified child life specialist required to apply and CCLS certification must be obtained within one year of hire.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year and is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care.
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Child Life Specialist, Wolfson Children's Hospital, Job Responsibilities:
- Provide therapeutic activities to normalize the hospital environment for patients and their families.
- Works under the supervision of leadership and the child life team to assist the child/family in their adjustment to the hospital, diagnosis, and treatment plan.
- Uses understanding of child life theories to perform daily job responsibilities while working closely with Child Life Specialist II and leadership to develop skills.
- Provides pre/post procedural teachings, emotional/psychosocial support, developmentally appropriate play activities, distraction and support during procedures, and age appropriate medical play to enhance understanding of the hospital environment.
- Age appropriate medical play to enhance understanding of the hospital environment.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to create and support individualized plans of care while adhering to the professional standards of practice of the Association of Child Life Professionals
If you are interested in this full time opportunity at Wolfson Children's Hospital, please apply now!
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption at time of hire.
- Date Posted Oct 19, 2022
- Status Full-Time
- Shift Details Various shifts
- Education Required Bachelor's Degree
- Education Preferred Master's Degree
- 1-2 years Child Life Experience Preferred
- Completion of Child Life Internship and Practicum Required
License and Certification
- Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL, 32207
Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
- Apply Now