Who: At Wolfson Children’s Hospital, toys are part of our patients’ healing process, and we rely on donations to help us bring comfort and joy to the infants, kids and teens in our care. Child Life staff and volunteers with Wolfson Children’s Hospital and Baptist Health will collect new, unwrapped toys, art supplies and financial donations to purchase developmentally appropriate toys for kids with special needs during the Christmas in July Toy and Donation Drive.
What: Baptist Health and Jersey Mike’s Subs locations will collect toys July 1–25. Vehicles of all kinds will be pulling into the Wolfson Children’s Hospital circular driveway and dropping off toys on July 25, greeted by Santa Claus. To give a gift online or make a monetary donation, visit ChristmasJuly.com.
When: Secure online donations can be made 24/7 July 1–25, 2018.
Main Drop-Off Event — Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 8 a.m.– 1 p.m., Wolfson Children's Hospital, Rotunda (Circular Driveway)
TOY DROP-OFF LOCATIONS: July 1–25, 2018
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville/Wolfson Children’s Hospital Rotunda (inside)
- Baptist/Eight Forty One Prudential building
- Jersey Mike’s Subs, inside all 14 Jacksonville-area locations
Why: Toys are needed all year long, but the hospital’s toy supply typically dwindles during the summer months, away from the traditional spotlight of holiday giving and year-end charitable donations.
Background: Wolfson Children’s Hospital treats more than 157,000 children each year in the North Florida and South Georgia region, using toys and art supplies to help soothe, distract and ease the anxieties of children of all ages during treatment for illness and injuries. Our Child Life specialists use these items to help ease fears by encouraging children to engage in normal activities to make their hospital stay less overwhelming.
- Santa Claus will make a special appearance at Wolfson Children’s Hospital to collect toys and entertain kids on July 25.
- People from throughout the community will drop off toys in the Wolfson Children’s Hospital Circular Driveway July 25 throughout the day.
- Jersey Mike’s will present check from their Month of Giving campaign to the Child Life endowment at Wolfson Children’s Hospital on July 25.
- Baptist Health hospitals and other facilities will collect toys between July 1–25.
- Jersey Mike’s Subs stores are collecting toys now at each Jacksonville-area location until July 24.