We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) experienced in pediatric and newborn critical care to join our Pediatric Transport Team at Wolfson Children's Hospital. Covering the entire region in North Florida and South Georgia, our Kids Kare vehicles and Life Flight helicopter safely transport more than 1,300 infants and children a year to Wolfson Children’s for emergency critical care, trauma and specialty care. As a Pediatric Transport RN for Wolson Children's Hospital the requirements and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs basic life support, advanced life support and critical care nursing.
- Functions under standing orders of the physician or Medical Director and is expected to perform assessments, provide treatment and monitor patients during inter-facility transports.
- Has strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as they work in confined spaces(Ambulance/Helo/Fixed Wing), must relay information to MD and other medical professionals.
- Remains calm and focused and possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills to effectively assess patients and provide appropriate treatment.
- Responsible for the care of the patient including any emergency procedures the patient may require while under their care. These procedures may include but are not limited to CPR and endotracheal intubation, needle aspiration of the chest and umbilical assess during emergency medication delivery.
- Date Posted May 01, 2020
- Status PRN
- Shift Details Days
- Education Required Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Education Preferred Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 2 years (2000 hours) Nursing Experience
- 2 years (2000 hours) Level 3-4 NICU Experience
- 1-2 years PICU, Pediatric CVICU or Peds ED Experience (Preferred)
License and Certification
- Licensed Registered Nurse
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
- Apply Now