*Up to $1,200 Sign on Bonus*
We are currently looking to add a Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist to our Hospital Speech Therapy Team in Jacksonville, FL. This is a PRN opportunity at Wolfson Children's Hospital.
This is a PRN opportunity working in an acute care, inpatient hospital setting with some outpatients. The ideal candidate would be flexible to work weekdays, weekends, and holiday rotations and has had previous experience working in inpatient acute care.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is recognized among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report year after year and is a Magnet™ designated hospital, the gold standard for excellence in patient care.
Speech Language Pathologist, Pediatric Inpatient Rehab, Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, diagnoses, develops and implements a treatment plan for inpatients in a hospital setting as well as some outpatients.
- Provides care for patients who present with a variety of medical conditions/dysfunctions such as neurological (stroke, seizures, movement disorders, Guillain barre), respiratory, head and neck cancer, and general medical conditions which impact swallowing, speech, language or cognitive-communication skills.
- Provides extensive patient/family education.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team care with other Rehab. professionals, nursing, physicians, dietitians, social services, respiratory, support staff, etc.
- Works in a fast-paced setting requiring good time management, detailed documentation skills in the EMR, self-directed, and effective communication skills.
If you are interested in this PRN Pediatric Speech Language pathologist opportunity at Wolfson Children's Hospital, please apply now.
In keeping with our mission and core values, Baptist is requiring that all team members complete their COVID-19 vaccine series or obtain a medical or religious exemption at time of hire.
- Date Posted Jun 06, 2022
- Status PRN
- Shift Details Various shifts
- Education Required Master's Degree
- Education Preferred Doctorate
- 1 year Developmental Experience (Preferred)
- Speech/Language Experience (Preferred)
- Voice Experience (Preferred)
- Neuro Experience (Preferred)
- Pediatric Acute Care Experience (Preferred)
License and Certification
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
- Licensed Speech Language Pathologist Required
Wolfson Children's Hospital
800 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, Florida, 32207
Wolfson Children's Hospital
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children’s hospitals in the U.S., the hospital is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses and other health care professionals, and equipped with advanced technology to help children overcome serious illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes and more. As one of only two children’s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet™ status, Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 213-bed Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
The hospital is located close to the shops and fine dining of the historic San Marco area and is also near sports stadiums, theater and music venues, and museums.
- Apply Now